Last year I decided to devote my attention to CrossFit rather than trying to multi-task Pro Bikini and CrossFit, two completely different sports.
The difference between pro bikini and CrossFit:
Bikini, you basically train each body part specifically for the aesthetics aspects to create a perfect shape, end result being tiny and tight. Most cardio programming is based in the fat burning zone. The diet is pretty focused on the end result of aesthetics.
Crossfit is constantly varied functional movement performed at high intensity. You do not do bicep curls in Crossfit. You do not spend each day training a body part, you spend time perfecting, practicing and training skills as in gymnastics movements (muscle ups, ring dips, ring handstand push ups, pistols, pull-ups, etc), you learn Olympic-style lifting, you train endurance (swim, bike, run, sprints, row), then you put all this stuff together to do a crazy-intense workout of the day aka WOD.
The intensity of Crossfit is about challenging our bodies. Yes this sport gets you into shape and you can look ripped, strong, and hot but it’s a different type of look than getting ready to step on stage and compete in a bikini competition. I look like a gymnast now. And with Crossfit the diet is performance based, whereas with bikini competitions the diet is based on achieving a certain aesthetic.
So I focused my attention and gave it my all to try to make it to 2012 Regional’s in the Central East Region (Columbus, Ohio). And I made it!
While training for the CrossFit, I’m always sure to take my Beta Alanine. Beta Alanine Extreme is my favorite PROLAB product; without it I don’t think I could do as much as I am doing. Working out 3 times a day Beta Alanine is my rescue.
Previous Titles Won:
- Received my Pro Card in Fitness and Figure at Team Universe 2008 in New York
- One of the few people to have won their Pro Card in both Fitness and Figure at Team Universe
- Team Universe 2008 was my very first Figure competition at the National Level
- 2005 NPC Junior California - 2nd Open Light Heavy-Weight Class, 1st Novice Middle Weight Class, Best Poser Award, Most Promising Bodybuilder Award
- First Pro Fitness Show - Arnold Classic 2009
- First Pro Figure Show - Atlantic City Pro 2009
- Second Pro Figure Show - Kentucky Pro 2009
- First Pro Bikini Show - PBW Championships Tampa, FL 2010
- Second Pro Bikini Show - Culver City, CA 2010 (Placed In Top 50%)
- Third Pro Bikini Show - Detroit, MI 2010 (placed 4th!)
- 2011 Arnold Classic in Bikini
- 2011 St. Louis Pro in Bikini
- 2011 Phoenix Pro (placed 9th)
I may be the FIRST PRO to have competed in FITNESS, FIGURE and BIKINI!
- 2011 Fit Club Summer Games – 6th Place
- CrossFit Competitor/Competed at Regional’s 2011 on the CFNA Team
- December 14, 2011 - Big Dawg Challenge, 3rd Place
- CrossFit Open 2012 placed in top 60 to move on to Regional’s 2012
- CrossFit Central East Regional 2012 (place TBD)
*Jessica Clay uses Prolab® products in conjunction with a healthy diet and exercise regimen.